Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let's use this blog

Hello Everybody

One of the plans by the Center for Learning Excellence for 2009 is the professional development of the Kuching campus staff. The geographical distance does not permit frequent face-to-face contact. I thought using this blog can help us keep in touch with learning and teaching issues so that we can keep on growing as a group. This blog will allow us to discuss issues related to learning and teaching.

The first face-to-face training will take place on February 19th. I am looking forward to meeting you! To start off the discussions, please tell me the learning and issues that you wish to learn from our first meeting. For example:

1. Motivating students
2. Writing good test items

10 comments:

  1. Hi! Tried to log into the URL you gave but it does not recognize me as an author to this blog. I already have a blogspot using UCSI's email add but still could not log in. We need to experiement a little more.
    Kuching Campus colleagues, we will open it for now while we figure out.
    Thanks
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today we are trying to get our fellow colleagues here at Kuching to start blogging about their experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Pedagogical Training very much, it changes my perception on education field. Before this, I define teaching as lecturing in class ... but now I find that it is more than this. It has a lot of funs. When we think of some methods to develop our students, actually in the same time, we are developing ourselves. I really appreciate the course ... thanks for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Great to receive the remarks and comments. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as well. Should we continue the learning by working on an identified issue? For example - Do you want to learn more about Multiple Intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all,

    Thank you for the wonderful arrangement during our 2.5 days there. You all took really good care of us. There was not a hungry moment for us :-)*wink*

    Glad to hear that all of you enjoyed the session. I learned quite a bit too from the mock teaching session. It's interesting to learn about blood type compatibility and how we can determine the authenticity and 'age' of an artifact.

    Let's keep the learning going.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys,

    If you already have your own blog, you can be a follower to this blog as well. It gives you easy access to across the blogs.

    How's the Emergent Tech course coming along?

    ReplyDelete